jueves, 5 de junio de 2014

Second class, Third period

In this second class with the group everything was different and better because I had more confidence already with the group and because I knew in a better way how they were and how they behaved in class. This time I started my class with a warm up activity in which the students had to split in two groups and they had to choose a representative, each group will have a representative that would make gestures or actions so that the group guessed the animal or famous person they were representing, students had much fun with the activity. After that I started to explaina little bit about the new topic, but linking it with the previous one that was subordinating conjunctions and transitions because this new topic was transitional words or expression, I had to explain for kind of transitional expressions and give some examples of them; then students went to page 82 in their books and they had to discuss about a previous passage they were reading, in pairs they had to talk about the things that help them to be focused or concentrated and if any of the tips they read previously was useful for them or if they have triend them before. Inmediatly after that they listed the things that make them stay focused and the things that make them loose concentration. Then, students moved to page 83 in which they had new words or vocabulary and then they had some sentences in which they had tu used those new words, but before they made that exercise we were discussing and I was explaining the meaning of those words so that they had a better idea of them. This second class was more related with the book and the activities they had there, but students were really attentive and they understood the transitional expressions.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario