jueves, 29 de mayo de 2014
First class, third period.
Now this time the level I was assigned was advanced; at the beginning I was nervous because this is a level that requieres a litte bit more attention and care due to the complexity of the topics you have to teach. I went to the classroom once to observe the class, the group and get familiar with the group of students I was going to have, so I noticed that most of the students are in the same level and most of them understand very well the topics they see. Then on Wednesday 28 it was my first class, before the class started I wrote the agenda and the date as I have learned through all these classes. We started the class with a warm up activity in which students had to create an story in an oral way listening first what theirs classmates said to continue the story, each of them said something and added something to the story. After that I presented the topic with one listening that was in the book, they had to think first in some ideas or words they think could be in the listening according to one image they had in their books. Then the listened the conversation three times to answer some sentences and check at the end if they answered correctly.
After all that, it was the time to present the grammar point of the day that was transitions to connect sentences or paragraphs, I explained three of them, their meaning, their use, and their main difference with subordinating conjunctions that was the previous topic, so inmediatly after the explanation students worked in one exercise they had in their books in which they had to circle the correct transition or subordinating conjuntion in a paragraph. Besides those grammar points students were also exposed to another topic that was multiple intelligences and after they made the grammar exercise they were given a page in which they had to find different careers in a page and then discuss with a partner about the career they like, why they liked like one and if that career was related with a multiple intelligence; all the students participated in the activity and they had fun explaining why they would like to study another career.
Almost at the end of the class students were asked to create a conversation about the topic they wanted, but using some ideas of the previous exercise or the grammar point they just saw, they decided to create it about their favorite careers and then aster some time preparing the conversation and because of time some groups passed to the front to perform their conversations; all the students were paying attention and the class finished after they did that. I believe they liked the kind of activities developed in the classed because they showed their satisfaction at the end by clapping. I really like this group because they all participate in class and I hope I can improve in the following classes in the aspects in which I was not excellent in this first one.
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)
I really like your warm up Dany, I think that it was an excellent activity because i think at this level they know how to do it, and they have more vocabulary to add in the stories, but imagine if you are with basic students, it will be a little bit more difficult because most of them have not acquired the necessary vocabulary for doing this. So in every level that we teach, we have to be careful with the activities that we are going to develop with the students. Another thing that I liked is the way you introduced the topic, it was nice because a listening is one of the things that teachers recommend to do whenever you present a topic, especially the grammar part. I also liked the way you introduced the multiple intelligences in the grammar explanation. I think it was nice because they were practicing the grammar part and at the same time the other topic that you mentioned which are multiple intelligences. So I just can say go ahead and continue like that remember that nobody is perfect and if one day you make a mistake do not give up everything is a process of learning that everybody is getting through teaching these classes that are assigned to all of us.
ResponderBorrar