lunes, 24 de febrero de 2014
My second class
This time was not as the first one becasue I already knew more the group and they even had more confidence with me. This second time I had to talk a little bit of something that I also did in the first time which was modals, I brought some written exercises they had to complete and they did it well. Something happened to me in this second class, they were supposed to make an activity in which they were going to take some information and read it in front of the class, but something happened and I forgot those copies. For some minutes I got very nervous because I already had what I was going to do and suddenly everything changed, but what I did is that I told them to imagine the information because it was about a medicine, so I told them to think in a medicine and that from that they imagined, they were going to take the information; thanks God everyone understood and the activity could be developed in a nice way. This second class was very good, but I want to get even more prepared for the next one because it will be the last class with that group so it has to be unforgettable. I'll tell you later about it.
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)
Daniel I want to give you a great advice always bring at least 2 or 3 more activities as a backup because something similar happened to me and I had written an emergency activity in a piece of paper just in case I saw the students were goint to have trouble doing something. Because in my case when I saw that my students were having trouble with a certain topic I would change my original plan of giving them a certatin practice and would give them another one much easier. Hope this can help you out in the future :)
ResponderBorrarhello Dany. I tthink that to forget things is normal because we are nervous. What you have to do is to do a list of the things that you are going to use for teaching and before going to the class check if you have everything that you are going to use. Good job because you developed your class even thoung you did have the pages.
ResponderBorrarHey Danny, I just want to say congrats, why? Because even though you forgot your material, you improvised in order to develop a similar activity. This is the only way in which you can discover how great teacher you can become in the future. However, my advised is to write an agenda in order to be ready for everything in your class.
ResponderBorrarthat`s good what you did Daniel because although you forgot to take the copies you did something else. i like your attitude, these things happen very often and you are not the only person that has lived this experience. Therfore go ahead and do your best....
ResponderBorrarHi Danny! What you did was really nice because you did not get panic at all. That sounds really nice because it shows that you are proffessional, So, that was really creative and that's something we, as teachers, must have.
ResponderBorrar