sábado, 22 de febrero de 2014

My first class

There are many special dates that we keep in our memory, but one of the greatests for me is February 14, 2014. You may think this is maybe because of San Valentines, but that was not my reason; the date means a lot to me because it was the day in which I had the opportunity to teach for the first time in the university. I was prepared for everything, but as you may know, you always get nervous when you are going to do something for the first time, and in my case, that was not the exception. Even though it was a little bit hard at the beginning because I had some problems with some audio material I brought, and I started 5 minutes late, the time was passing by and I was getting more self-confidence so at the end of the class I could finish right on time and I could notice that the group of students liked the class. As it was the first time, I made some mistakes that were also caused for nervous; for example, I made a roleplay that took too much time for the number of students that are in the group, and the teacher told me that in the feedback, which is something really good for us to improve in our teaching. Besides that I can say that the group of students is very nice because they are always attentive, so my experience of the first teaching was very nice.

4 comentarios:

  1. your right daniel teaching for the first time with no experience and especially at the university is very overwelming the nerves are just awful but what you said is true when time passes you start to get more confident with yourself and with the students and time passes really fast when you are up in front teaching.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Well daniel I believe that you are completely right because when we areworkin as a teacher for the fisrt time you feel nervous because it is something new for you and well it is something normal. But, it is something great at the same time because you have the opportunity to teach other people and then when you see that those people understood your class you feel like proud of yourself, so go ahead bro continue working hard!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. it is true that at the beginning we feel very nervous because it was nor a simple class we were teaching at the university, and we have to be aware that it requires more work and more sellf-confidence. problems with the audio; yes, I had the same problem too because students were not listen very well. and what we have to do in that cases is to keep in mind that we can look for a solution and is better to use our voice. I think all of us faced different situation, but remenber that it is our future we have to enjoy it.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I understand your point Danny! The first time is almost a mess, but in most of the cases we learned how to manage those situations. It's really difficult to have self-confidence, but that's somenthing we learned through experiences.

    ResponderBorrar